Cyril A. Farey (1888-1954)
”A Projected Building on Tower Hill / Campbell Jones, Sons and Smithers, Architects”
Pencil and watercolor on textured paper; signed lower left, “Cyril A. Farey / Del. 1929″
Sight: 23 x 18″ (58.4 x 46cm); Frame: 29.5 x 24.25” (75 x 61.5cm)
Discoloration/staining shown below:
This work was used to illustrate Farey’s painting style in his book:
The original flag was replaced by the burgee, see book illustrations above, in the image above. It seems to show the coat-of-arms of the Port of London Authority, though the Authority’s headquarters was near this proposed building at 10 Trinity Square.